Thursday, September 20, 2012

Guest SCP Author Flossie Benton Rogers


Interview with Flossie Benton Rogers
Wytchfae Runes available October 2012 from Secret Cravings Publishing

What genres do you write and why?
My current focus is on paranormal romance. Mythology is my passion, and that genre allows me to create and weave stories about fairies, goddesses, witches, and other magical beings.

Do you concentrate on one story at a time or multiple stories?
Multiple stories. Right now as Wytchfae Runes nears publication, I have a first draft of a novella completed for the Wytchfae series, am in the midst of writing another full length novel—also in the Wytchfae series, and have several other works in various stages of the planning process, including a vintage romance.

What genres do you like to read?
Paranormal romance, historical romance, and cozy mysteries are some of my favorites.

What authors do you enjoy?
Dorothy Cork, who wrote romances back in the 1980’s and Rex Stout, author of the Nero Wolfe mysteries, appear at the top of a very long list.

What about classical novels, drama, and poetry? Do you have favorites among those?
Yes, for novels it would be Narcissus and Goldmund by Hermann Hesse and Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Drama—the ancient Greek plays and Shakespeare.
Poetry—John Keats and William Butler Yeats.

What do you most enjoy about reading romance novels?
I love the emotions elicited by a hero and heroine as they meet, fall in love, overcome problems, and figure out how to be together. I love happy endings.

What superpower do you covet?
Is there one called speed writing? That’s what I would like. Also speed editing. All kidding aside, my goal is to improve my word count and personal production schedule. I obviously need super speed.

Do you collect anything in particular?
Other than books? Yes, I have small collections of fairy figurines and paintings, tarot cards, and music boxes.

What do you like to do when you are not writing or reading?
I appreciate the opportunity to spend time with my family and friends. I also enjoy visiting new places, gardening, and taking late night walks with my basset hound Daisy Josette.

Any closing thoughts?
Thank you, Secret Cravings Publishing, for the pleasure of speaking to you today and for publishing my debut novel Wytchfae Runes!

http://flossiebentonrogers.wordpress.com
http://facebook.com/FlossieBentonRogers
http://twitter.com/FrostFyre
http://pinterest.com/Wytchfae

15 comments:

  1. I certainly would want the ability to speed write. Or heck, think it and it's out there and ready for instant publication because I have the 'I make no mistakes' superpower too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Tami. Thought writing and 'I make no mistakes' superpowers would be amazing.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Flossie. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I liked you! Cozy mysteries and mythology are two of my passions as well. It hunk they're awesome.

    Good Luck with the writing and if you get that superpower, will you rent out your skill so we can all keep up? I'd love that power too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jillian. Hey, did your phone change the word fact to hunk? Isn't that typical spunky behavior for the phone of a romance author?!

      Delete
  4. I'm a big Nero Wolfe fan, too, Flossie. So nice to get to know you better! Love your cover. Wish you much success with your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so pleased to get to know a Nero Wolfe fan, Jean! Thank you for the good wishes.

      Delete
  5. My second grade teacher used to share Greek mythology with us. We spent WAY more than the alloted time getting to know these mythical people, I kind of feel like they're part of my family.

    Also, I am also a tarot card enthusiast. I have several sets lying around and I find that studying them can actually help work me out of a writer's block!

    I'm glad we have so many things in common, Flossie! Great interview and I can't wait to read your book :D

    And when you figure out how to achieve super writing speed, pass me some of that sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessicca, I love it that we have mythology and tarot in common. Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. Another tarot card collector! I just added a new deck to my collection last week -- Steampunk Tarot. Email me and let's chat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was a speed writer too and could Samantha my nose and wiggle all the edits finished. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month