Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Release Day

Today is release day for Carver's Fall. It's a mystery/romance set in north Alabama in 1925. Here's the buy link if you're interested.

This story is near to my heart as I named the main characters after my paternal great grandparents. Carver Fowler and Mallie Phillips lived in north Alabama and raised their family there. They had several children who served in WWII, with one serving as a nurse near the front lines and one who died at the Battle of the Bulge after saving many of his men's lives.

My great grandmother always had a coconut cake on her dining room table and to this day, I wish I'd gotten that recipe before she died. My great grandfather was a master wood worker and a pipe smoker. I always think of him when I smell pipe tobacco.

In the 1880s Jesse James robbed the federal paymaster in my great grandparents' hometown. Recently, my dad and I were talking about this fact and the next thing I knew, I had a story in my head that I had to get down. Carver's Fall became that story- a bit of a tribute to my greats and also the Model T that Carver Fowler loved and thought no other car could compare to. He really didn't ever want to drive
again once that car broke down forever.


  Blurb: In 1924, Carver Fowler, a young man raised on his family’s farm in North Alabama, has long been in love with one of the girls who lives in town. Her name is Mallie Phillips. Mallie has always treated Carver as beneath her notice since in her opinion he’s nothing but a country yokel. The county’s fall festival is soon and, as a joke, Mallie is dared by a friend to ask Carver to be her date to the party. Mallie takes her up on the dare and visits Carver to invite him to accompany her to the festivities. In the midst of all the intrigue about whether Carver will be her date or not, a young man is killed and another is attacked. Carver becomes a suspect and Mallie begins to understand that Carver may not merely be the backwoods boy she thought he was.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. I'm going to check it out. I love the description. Blessings for success. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Barbara. I appreciate the support and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeff. I hope readers agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DOES sound like a terrific story...and here I am knee deep in e-books, but this is definitely on the short list of next round of downloads!
    I wish you the best of luck, My Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story is on my TBR. I love the time period, and the characters sound engaging. Congratulations on publishing a story so dear to your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month