Saturday, April 20, 2013

Venetian Masks

In July of 2011, I took a trip to Italy with my son and as part of that trip we spent a few days in Venice. I totally fell in love with the city. I'd been to Italy before but not to the city of canals. It's an awesome place. The architecture is wonderful, the gelato divine and history is all around. There are too many bridges to count and lots of canals. The really neat thing is that there are no automobiles. The alleys and plazas are too narrow for cars and the only "roads" are the canals.

I was completely captivated by the city and we had a super handsome water taxi driver take us across the Grand Canal from the train station to our hotel near St. Mark's Square. I knew immediately that I'd be writing at least one story set here. The one I've got to share here has been out about two weeks and I have to say, it's pretty hot and I think (or at least hope) I've captured the feel of the city.

Here's the link to purchase


American oil painter Charlotte Bolling travels to Venice, Italy for three months to study the architecture of the old city and paint. She meets Vincente Canaletto, an Italian man who owns a water taxi and gondola business. They’re attracted to each other and begin to date. Charlotte trusts Vincente with information about her past. She ran away from home at age thirteen when her mother, who was a madam in a house of ill repute, offered Charlotte’s virginity to the highest bidder.

Vincente's son was abducted and Vincente's been on a quest to find him for years. When the boy is located by an investigator in Bangkok in a bordello, Charlotte insists on accompanying Vincente to the capital city in Thailand since she believes her own past will be invaluable in winning the child's trust. They embark on a dangerous rescue mission in the back streets of that city.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing, Jillian. I'll have to add this one to my TBR list, and pick it up on pay day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Layna. I hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jillian! It's wonderful that you got to take the trip and also got a book inspiration from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Flossie. I love to find inspiration all around and man, there's a ton of it in Italy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month