Friday, May 23, 2014

An Interview with the Manhattan Dinner Club




 The Ladies of the Manhattan dinner club turn the tables on our own Jean Joachim
and ask HER the questions!


Questions for Jean from The Manhattan Dinner Club Heroines
Rory – Sassy romance writer, pug rescuer, Hack’s woman.
Bess -  Baker extraordinaire,  owner of Dumpling, small pug with moxie, Whit’s woman.
Brooke – Dinner and a Movie Director, Mom to three pugs: Freddy, Ginger, and Buddy, Pres’ woman
Miranda -  Playwright, dog walker, Mom to Romeo, Juliet and Duffy, her man – a surprise.
********
Rory:     I know why I write romance, I know a lot about love. That’s what Hack says. *blushes* but why do you write romance?
Jean:     I know a lot about love, too, Rory. Love stories come to me, grab me and won’t let go. Besides, I adore a happy ending.
Bess:      Why all the verbiage about food, especially baked goods. I’m not complaining, just curious.
Jean:     I find food sexy. Eating can be a very sensual experience. Remember that scene of the mocha cake tasting with Whit? It was hot, wasn’t it?
Bess:      *Turns on the fan*. Yeah, it was. I still make that cake. And it turns Whit on every time. Oops. He’s gonna kill me.
Jean:     Don’t be embarrassed, all the ladies have the same experience with their men.
Brooke: You describe dinners between the hero and the heroine, sometimes in great detail. Why?
Jean:     I think readers would like to know what kind of food would be in some of these fancy restaurants in New York City. Like, if they were sitting there with you, Pres and his parents, which might they be eating along with you.
Brooke: You know that sounds a little weird, don’t you?
Jean:     *blushes*
Brooke: More than a little actually. *lifts an eyebrow*.
Rory:     You wrote a lot about our sex lives. How did you know so much? Did you plant a camera in my apartment? If you did, Hack wants to see the tapes. LOL.
Jean:     Tell Hack I’m sorry. No cameras, no tapes, just imagination and experience, Rory. Geez, am I going to get into trouble for saying that?
Rory:     Hack will be disappointed. But he might have some rather personal questions for you.
Jean:     Seems to me, Hack doesn’t need lessons from anyone.
Rory:     Got that right! *Rory blushes*.
Jean:     I think this is getting a bit personal here. Maybe we should call it quits now, before I embarrass myself.
Bess:      Yeah, let’s save that for when the guys interview you.



RESCUE MY HEART
A bit about the book
While walking her pug in Central Park, Rory Sampson is run down by a bike. She presses charges against arrogant biker, Dr. Hack Roberts, veterinarian. He plans revenge, only to find himself attracted to the sharp-tongued, soft-hearted writer, who rescues pugs. Will attraction trump antagonism, or will they end up in bad relationships?
BUY LINKS:














2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this. I read Rescue My Heart and the others are on my 'to buy' list. I feel I know Rory & Hack. Since I love NYC, I enjoy reading about a city that has fond memories for me. Jean--I hope you continue the series. Oh--I like the food connections in your books. I create new restaurants in my stories. KUDOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! How enjoyable to have the tables turned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month