Monday, November 17, 2014

Culinary Cravings with Lydia Michael's and Maureen Mc Cullough

 

 

Maureen McCullough's Irish Cream Recipe

Lydia: Today we visit the big house on McCullough Mountain, home to Frank and Maureen McCullough. We’re in Maureen’s famous kitchen and she’s going to teach us how she makes homemade Irish Cream! Hello, Maureen. Thank you for having us.

Maureen: Hello, dearie. Wonderful to have you here for a visit. Since all of my strapping lads and lovely lasses have left the nest I’m glad to have the company. Can I get you something to drink, coffee, tea, a nip of Tully?

Lydia: Thanks. I’ll have coffee please.
Maureen: *Bustles off to pour coffee* Now, today I’ll be teachin’ you how to make some good old Irish Cream. It’s a simple recipe and all you’ll be needin’ is a blender and some jars. I like to keep mine in mason ars and sometimes I give them away for gifts at the holidays. Oh, but not with much luck. Those bastards I raised like to pilfer my stash. Bunch of sodden drunks they are!
Lydia: *Laughs* Well, we’re all excited to share your recipes. If anything, you’re famous for knowing your way around the kitchen.
 
Maureen: Ain’t that the bloody truth! Without me the natives would get restless. My brood likes to eat, especially my Finnegan, but you’d never tell it to look at him. Built like a brick shit house, that one. All of my boys are too tempting for their own good! Luckily they’re startin' to settle down. Especially my rogue, Kelly. Shocked the shit out of me, that one did. But he’s a good boy, my Kelly.
All right then, enough blathering from me. Let’s get started. You will need:

1 cup heavy cream


1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
 

1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey—Our family is partial to Tullamore Dew


1 teaspoon instant coffee granules


2 tablespoons chocolate syrup


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1 teaspoon almond extract
Set your blender up and combine the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and Irish whiskey—I like to add a touch extra.  *Tips the bottle over the blender to add a surprising amount of whiskey* Add in the instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. It’s fairly simple. Now blend.
*The blender kicks into motion and Maureen continues to shout over the racket*
There’s somewhat of a dispute over whiskey, you know. Some believe Jameson is the traditional Irish Catholic whiskey, but we love our Tully, which is considered an Irish brew. Back in the day it was Jameson versus Bushmills, which was what the Protestants drank. People forget there were only two distilleries, one in the north and one in the south and Ireland can be quite divided. What most people don’t realize is that now a days Bushmills and Jameson are from the same distillery. Bloody nonsense! So we stick to Tullamore dew, simply because the slogan says “Irish True”.

*The blender rattles to a stop*  
And there you have it, love, a bit of history and a delicious batch of homemade Irish Cream! Let’s add some to your coffee. *Tops off mug* You just store this in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and give it a wee shake before serving.
Lydia: Delicious! Thank you for sharing with us, Maureen. It’s been fun.
 
Maureen: Of course! And next time you come by I’ll teach you how to make Irish Potatoes. My grand babies love them!

Want to spend more time with Maureen and the sexy McCulloughs? 

Click here to check out Lydia Michaels’ 

McCullough Mountain series! 

 

 

 

 Secret Cravings Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month