Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Meet the Author Imogene Nix

Growing up-
Growing up I was the quintessential rolling stone that gathered no moss. 
My family moved between Australia and England a few times during my childhood.  In Australia we always ended up on the northside of Brisbane (the capital city of Queensland) and Staffordshire in England
I also danced at competition level, attended school and was the geeky awkward kids… all angles and buck teeth.  Hmm…

Favorite games
You know, we had the swimming pool in the backyard and I’m fairly sure that was a huge part of every outdoor activity – not that I could ever call myself sporty.
Board games would have included monopoly and scrabble.  My favourite games though included Tic-Tac-Toe and Hangman.

Family pets  
I remember we had a golden Labrador, Cracker.  For me, it was always dogs.  My parents really weren’t cat people and I didn’t get my first cat until I was about thirteen.  Then of course, it had to be a Siamese. 

When you grew up, you wanted to be ___________. Why?  
A foreign correspondent in a war zone.  Don’t know why.  Maybe I thought it was exciting.  Looking back now… well, I’m seriously glad I didn’t.

Favorite music group while a teenager
Phil Collins, Wham, Duran Duran, Visage  (go the new romantic movement!) It was a time of good music.  Choice wasn’t really limited.  Bette Midler, Billy Ocean… the list could continue of course.

Now-
Mum to two teenage daughters, living in regional Queensland and a wife, bookstore owner and author.  Umm… that’s a bit of a mix really.

I would do anything for/to.
I don’t know about the anything part… but… I would love to be (with my family and dog) the first to step foot on a new planet.

To boldly go where no other human has gone.  To colonize the stars.  Must be the trekkie in me coming out there…

Candy bar that best describes me. Why?
A mars bar… soft and gooey in the centre but with a harder chocolate coating that you have to bite to get to the centre of.

Your idea of romance…
Quiet, non children time alone with my husband.  Stolen lunches…  Conference trips :D  Lights out, soft music in front of a fireplace and a glass of wine.  Bliss.

An embarrassing moment that happened to you written in a newspaper headline.
Oh gee… I don’t have anything like that at all

If I wasn't an author, I would be a/an
Still a bookseller, mother of two, growing chickens and making wine.  Oh and probably grumpy & sleepless.  

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post, Imogene. I'm curious if you have heard of the Australian author from the 1980's Dorothy Cork. She made me fall in love with your neck of the woods and with romance novels. Sounds like you have a great life and career!
    Flossie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month