Monday, August 6, 2012

Meet the Author AJ Best


Growing up-

Favorite games - I loved to play freeze tag in the alley with my friends. They were, like I am, I little odd.

Family pets - We had several, but the one that hits home most is my Cocker Spaniel Lucy. She started getting old and peeing on the floor. My father wasn't going to have any more of that so he gave her to this couple in town. I sat on the stairs and pet her til the pulled her away. They promised me that they would bring her back to see me sometime. It never happened though. And then, damn Kenny Rogers all to hell, the song You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille came out and I was done for. I can't stand that song to this day!

Favorite holiday memory - Wow, this is sad, I can't think of one favorite holiday memory! <le sigh>

When you grew up, you wanted to be ___________. Why? I wanted to be a teacher. I looked up to them so much growing up, and saw what they did for me. I was an extreme over achiever when I was a kid and they had me tutoring in elementary school. I also tutored for the Accounting Department at the Community College I went to in North Carolina.

Favorite music group while a teenager - Favorite music group then, now, forever - EAGLES!



Now-

I would do anything for/to ____________. Touch Michael Jordan's bald sweaty head after a game of basketball. (Ooops, have I said too much?)

Candy bar that best describes me. Why? I would be the Almond Joy/Mounds candy bars. "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!)

Your idea of romance (ex. an event, a moment, a gift) - Romance is the little unexpected things that happen in life. Like you go upstairs for a nap and your favorite pillow has your honey's cologne on it.

An embarrassing moment that happened to you written in a newspaper headline. BLOGGER CITED FOR INDECENT EXPOSURE IN REVIEW VIDEO.

If I wasn't an author, I would be a/an____________. - EVERYTHING! I have a love to learn, and I like to do everything. I oil paint, crochet, knit, sew, paint (houses), change door knobs, change window screen. I want to be able to do anything that I want. Doesn't mean that I will actually do it on a regular basis though. The only problem with that, I find I have 'things to do ADD'.

 Buy Link

Website

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here. I was hoping that there were going to be some commentors today -but you must have known that I had a migraine. How kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better. I love your idea of romance. I recently made my husband get the cologne he used to wear when we first started dating. It still makes me weak in the knees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling a bit better. Need to take some meds now and sleep. But the call of the computer is always there. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! Your answer to 'what would you be?' was amazing and really made me think. Glad to get to know you a bit better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy - I'm glad that it's given you something to think about. I've just never been able to settle for just one thing. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Forgiveness and also this post. So sorry you had to lose Lucy this way. It happened to me with a dog named Peanuts. Years later I was lucky to get another dog, Zhivago, with the same coloring and personality. Sometimes they come back!
    Flossie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by. I love spending my time here with my SCP friends/family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month