Sunday, August 26, 2012

Meet the Author Mahalia Levey

Growing up-

Favorite games 
I loved to play life and clue growing up. For many years I was an only child so I put together  a ton of puzzles and played a lot of solitaire.

Red Rover Red Rover
Simon Says
Red Light Green Light


Family pets
Terri- my miniature poodle growing up. She died when I was six.
Freckles- mom’s dog
Boots- my first gift from a boyfriend. I was 13 she passed away when I was in my late twenties.
Abby- our Cockatoo- she could sing the star spangled banner, and curse and mimic almost anything


Favorite holiday memory
I can’t remember one single holiday as a child. I loved Christmas and Thanksgiving because it was the only time I got to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My cousins were about ten years or more older than me.

When you grew up, you wanted to be a singer. Why?
I loved singing and being on stage.

Favorite music group while a teenager
New Kids on The Block




Now-

I would do anything for...
caffeine. I have a heart arrhythmia. Stimulants have been cruelly taken from me. It takes me forever to wake up and get moving!

Candy bar that best describes me. Why? 

Nutrageous… Because I’m Outrageous and a bit of a Nut :P
Your idea of romance

Laying on the couch watching a chic flick with my man scratching my scalp in a soothing manner. It is comfort at its best while having a nice night in.

I’m not much into big gifts or gifts in general. I had a boyfriend in my early twenties who kept receipts for everything he ever bought me. When we broke up he brought the cops to my house and I had to hand everything over. Since then I’ve had a hard time accepting gifts from anyone. I love to give them out though :P  I did however accept the Kindle Fire for Valentines last year :P DH and I are working on my phobia of accepting gifts from people.

An embarrassing moment that happened to you written in a newspaper headline.
When I was 15 I let my girlfriend drive my car. I was in the back seat and she ran the car into someone’s living room. She looked down to change the radio station and the street ended but had houses running perpendicular. That was on hell of a headline L

If I wasn't an author,
I would be an respiratory therapist. I have been many things before my journey as an author. Who knows what else I can accomplish!


Links
http://www.mahalialevey.com/
http://www.mahalia2010.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/hales3000
www.goodreads.com/mahalialevey

3 comments:

  1. Very good interview, Mahalia. The car incident would make a great action scene in a book.

    Best of luck with you books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that a$$hat made you give everything back! What a cheapskate!

    Great interview:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahalia, I enjoyed your interview. You sound like a good person to know. I'm glad you had Boots for so many years, and good luck with your gift receiving phobia.
    Flossie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Popular SCP Posts This Month